Get Creative is a major celebration of the nation's arts, culture and creativity.
Led by the BBC and What Next? in collaboration with a huge range of arts, cultural and voluntary organisations, everyone is invited to get involved and share their creative talents. Get Creative will launch today with a week of debates and activity across the BBC and around the UK and will last for 12 months. The campaign will culminate in a celebratory weekend over 20 & 21 February 2016.
To get involved:
1) Identify events that are taking place between 19 February 2015 and 21 February 2016 which could fit under the Get Creative banner:
- This could be a new event or something you already have in your programme - such as performances, debates, talks, workshops, open days, a master-class or competition.
- Real world events, or online.
- It should be something that encourages engagement and participation.
- Try and coordinate with the BBC’s thematic calendar running through the Get Creative year:
*February/March - Visual Arts
*April/May - Dance
*May - Film
*June/July - Music
*August - Photography
*September/October - Creative Writing
*November - Theatre
*December – Craft
2) You might wish to add the Get Creative logo to your print throughout the year or choose key events / moments to attach it to. Send an email to email@example.com and request your branding pack to get it started.
3) The BBC will be looking for information about special events, news stories, videos and podcasts to highlight on the Get Creative page before the launch and throughout the year. Please ask for their handy guidelines and send your content information to firstname.lastname@example.org
From the launch date on 19th Feb:
1) Go to www.bbc.co.uk/getcreative - this link won’t work before the launch
2) Register your organisation as a Get Creative Champion and you will then be listed on the Champions page of the campaign website featuring a link to your own website.
3) You will be sent the Get Creative branding so will be able to add this to your marketing materials, key events, web etc.
4) The Get Creative campaign page on the BBC’s site will feature keynote events and activities from Champions across the country. Send your content to: email@example.com
5) The collective goal is to get #bbcgetcreative trending. Use the hashtag #bbcgetcreative from 19 February and upload relevant content across all social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
For more information on the campaign, visit: firstname.lastname@example.org